The Bloomberg administration’s plan to shrink Coney Island’s amusement district and to block it off with four high-rise hotel towers is now before the City Council. There isn’t much time left to request changes to the City’s plan.
If you want to save Coney Island, PLEASE CALL your City Council member TODAY (the sooner the better!).
To find your City Council member and their phone number, plug in your street address and borough here: http://council.nyc.gov/html/members/members.shtml
Call their LEGISLATIVE OFFICE number first. Try calling during the workday.
* Tell them you live in their district.
* Tell them that you’re calling about the plan for Coney Island currently under review by City Council.
* Tell them Coney Island is an issue of CITYWIDE concern and that the current plan would RUIN Coney Island forever.
* Tell them that the area for open-air amusements needs to be EXPANDED and that the proposed high-rise hotels need to be MOVED out of the amusement area.
* Tell them to urge the Department of City Planning and Coney Island Councilmember Domenic Recchia to FIX the City’s plan.
* Tell them your address and tell them you would like to know what their position is on this issue.
* Tell them to check out saveconeyisland.net for more information.
Be polite. Be brief. Be passionate. Leave a message if nobody answers.
If you REALLY want to Save Coney Island, also call Speaker Christine Quinn and Coney Island Councilman Domenic Recchia to deliver the same message.
Christine Quinn’s legislative office and district office: (212) 788-7210 and (212) 564-7757.
Domenic Recchia’s legislative office and district office: (212) 788-7045 and (718) 373-9673
PASS THIS ON TO YOUR FRIENDS. WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET.
Post has been updated and re-dated.